Seniors, below are a few recommendations for getting yourself set up for scholarships and college readiness:
- Apply to schools you're most interested in now or as soon as possible (for in state); for out of state and competitive schools, regular decision deadline is generally Jan 1. For in state schools, applying early gets you a "NETid" (or similar college account) so that you can access institutional scholarships and start applying before you make a final decision.
- Request Letters of Recommendation from teachers, employers, coaches, etc, as soon as possible and give frequent, friendly reminders.
- Start composing your college/scholarship essay: some colleges and scholarships have specific prompts, but most ask applicants to include information about their goals, aspirations, hardships overcome, special interests, skills, work experience. These essays should be written with the goal of catching and holding the reader's interest and also distinguishing you from among many likely other candidates: what makes you YOU, and what makes YOU special??? What inspires you? Who are your role models? Why? All good things to consider in drafting your college and scholarship essays.
- Share your writing with a trusted, literate individual before sending it off to an organization or submitting an application (I am happy to review essays; you may also wish to ask an English teacher, but remember to give advance notice and frequent, friendly reminders)
- Compose essays in Docs or Word and then paste into text boxes for online applications; this way you will have saved a copy of your writing and won't have to start from scratch for your next application.
Imagine America Scholarship, 2020-2021
Scholars App Flier, October
Military Officers Association of America Scholarship, Due March 1, 2021
Purdue University Alumni Scholarship, Due March 1, 2021
Pettable Pet Lovers Scholarship
Here are the key details:
- Scholarship Name: Pettable Pet Lovers Scholarship
- Eligibility: Students who have had a meaningful relationship with a pet. Must be a US Citizen or permanent legal resident.
- Amount: $1,000
- Application Deadline: 12/15/20
- Frequency: Quarterly
2019-2020 Scholarship Information:
ASU SUN DEVIL FAMILY ASSOCIATION SCHOLAR
2019 - 2020 ASU SUN DEVIL FAMILY ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
The SDFA will offer multiple scholarship awards of $5,000 ($2,500 per semester) for the 2019 - 2020 academic year. Awards will be based on:
- ·financial need
- ·a record of community service and/or university involvement
- ·commitment to academic success (minimum 3.0 GPA)
Who is eligible to apply? Incoming freshmen, incoming transfer, freshmen, sophomores, juniors, seniors, both in and out-of-state.
The application deadline is Feb.1, 2019 Do you have a listserv and/or colleagues or student groups you could forward this email to? We appreciate any outreach opportunities you can help create.
Information and the application are available on the ASU scholarship website at: